- Michelle, Megyn, Kellyann, and Hillary for your grace under pressure. You didn’t get where you are today because you were shrinking violets. Smart, strong, fearless women.
- Ana Navarro, another strong woman who represents Republicans with a centered voice.
- My neighbor who is raising a thriving, happy, little boy in the face of “mommy shaming.”
- Me for getting involved in a domestic dispute because it’s not okay to look the other way
- My son for taking steps to get healthy and feel better
- My husband (who I left) for being there when I need to vent, and for being a steadfast father to my son.
- Bookstore gift cards so I can get immersed in positive things like Trevor Noah, inspirational poetry by Mary Oliver, and (finally) an in-depth history of Mermaids.
- The universe, that consciousness, that awesome opposite of everything. I am reminded and humbled to know that it’s not my place to throw a tantrum, trying to fix everything and make it “right” in my own eyes. Nothing is fixed. We are all passengers, and we shall all pass. How we treat each other, and help each other into the next flight is what matters.
In Praise Of…
06 Monday Feb 2017